Thursday, June 28, 2012

Day 1 in Jordan

This last week, we took a four day trip to Jordan.  We visited sites that were both historically and/or spiritually significant.  It was a great week!  I gained a new appreciation for American roads.  I have never in my life been on roads that were so uneven and windy.  (It probably didn't help that our bus rocked back and forth like it was a boat or something.)  Everyone pretty much slept on bus rides in an attempt to make the miserable rides go by quicker.  
This is us at Mt. Nebo.

This is the Madaba map.  It's a mosaic on the floor of a church in Madaba.  It's purpose was to help pilgrims become familiar with the land. It is so accurate that early historians actually used it to locate old ruins!

Meet Doc and Sister Peterson.  Pretty much, they're the cutest and I love catching them holding hands. (Which is quite often.)  I plan to be just like them when me and my husband become wise with years. :)

Yay!  We finally got to take another column picture!  

Is was a long hike under the hot sun to the top of this one place we went to.  This is us taking a rest on the wall of the pathway on the way down.

This is the Jordanian sunset.  Brother Huntsman let us stop on the side of the road to take some pictures because it was unusually pretty. (Or he just wanted to take a break from that darned bus.)


No comments:

Post a Comment