Thursday, June 28, 2012

Priscilla in Petra.... and other Places too

We're going to Petra!!!!!

I told you that I catch these two cuties quite often. :)

When you first arrive at Petra, you first walk through a large ravine.  During the rainy season, there are a lot of flash floods through here.  This reminds me of Zion's National Park.  I've never been, but who needs to after getting to see this?! haha jk :) (but really)

Can you hear the Indiana Jones theme song playing in your mind as he rides on his galloping horse through the ravine and onto this very scene?!!!!!!!!  Yup that's right, I've been where Indiana Jones has been! :D

This is at the end of the ravine.  It is the treasury.  Also, I am on a camel.  NBD
Petra is filled with these beautiful tombs caved in to the rock side.  

This is me looking over the beautiful landscape from the High Place.  Petra extends for a mile or two I think.  It's so big!  Apparently, archaeologists have only uncovered 1/20 of it!  There's still a lot that is still underground!


Saw this cool little guy out of the corner of my eye on my way to the Top of the World.  Pretty sweet!!!!
View from the "Top of the World"

High Place where the Nabateans used to do religious sacrifices and such.

We got a free horseback ride on the way back to the gate.  Thank heavens, because my poor feet were not happy with me from all of that hiking and trekking around.

Castle!!!!!

Heather and I being princesses in the castle.
It was a great day in Jordan!  It was really hot, but also really fun and very very cool!  Those Nabateans sure knew how to do cool things!

No comments:

Post a Comment