Saturday, June 16, 2012

Fishies!!!!!!!!


Well, Sunday we got to day a day-long trip to Israel’s #1 tourist city, Eilat, and go snorkeling!!!!  It was so much fun!  I’ve only been snorkeling once, and there weren’t any fishes to be seen, so I was really excited for this. 
There were a lot of cool fishes that I got to see.  I wish I could have spent more time in the water, but there weren’t enough snorkels for everyone, so we had to take turns.  But it was still fun to hang out on the beach!  After the lifeguard left, we couldn’t go into the water and the buses hadn’t come to pick us up, so a bunch of us started to play a game of football!  (Have I mentioned that I LOVE football?)  Anyways, my team started on defense, and we were able to keep them from scoring a touchdown.  Well, on our first offensive play, who was the ball thrown to????  ME!!!!!!!!!  AND I MADE A TOUCHDOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Everyone was a pretty shocked.  Haha  I did get a little cut up from the rocky sand, but it was so worth it!
Afterwards, we all went and had dinner together.  We were given vouchers for free ice cream and I had probably the best strawberry ice cream in my entire life!!!!!!!!!  It was the perfect end to the perfect day.

Beautiful Coral.  The beach is a National Park that works really hard to preserve this natural habitat.

Panorama of our beach.

Me and Sar-Bear looking fly!

Yay for fabulous roommates!

Sunbathing.  Please notice that my towel (the one with the big Y on it) is empty.  I must have been out snorkeling. :)


View of the city.  I couldn't really get a good shot of all the really cool hotels.

Our beautiful beach.
This is a parrot fish.  It was my favorite fish that I got to see while I was snorkeling.  One swam right up to me!  They have some pretty scary teeth!  Luckily it didn't bite me though.  (Juan did get bitten by a fish! )

No comments:

Post a Comment