Friday, May 11, 2012

Tel Aviv = PARADISE


Here in Jerusalem, Sundays are like Saturdays in America.  So, on Sunday, a bunch of us decided to take buses to Tel Aviv, which is about an hour away from Jerusalem on the coast of the Mediterranean.  It was so much fun!  I have never in my life seen an ocean that was so blue before.  The weather was perfect.  Five of us walked over to the little port city of Jafa.  It's an old city that has been beautifully restored.  I felt like we were walking through a little village in Greece.
A little bit of Jafa overlooking the Ocean
Cute little restaurant we found.  Careful though, the prices are not as cute if you know what I mean.
Some more of Jafa.

There's a wishing bridge in Jafa, and legend has it that if you put both your hands on your horoscope and make a wish while looking out at the ocean, it will come true.  I guess we'll have to wait and see, huh?!
Me on the wishing bridge with my horoscope, Gemini
We just can't get enough of the views!
Cute girlies
Some cool arch we found in Jafa.
 Jafa was my favorite.  We found a cute little gelato shop.  I got strawberry and Nuttella flavored scoops.  It was muy delicioso!!!!!  After that, we wandered over to a flea market and looked through a bunch of antique stuff.  I didn't buy anything, but what did we find on our way back to the beach, but a bike shop!!!!!!!!!!  We rented bikes at a rate of 40 shekels for 3 hours!  ( That's about 3 bucks per hour.  Not too shabby)  So for the next three hours, we rode all up and down the coast of the Mediterranean Ocean.  Have I mentioned that I love my life?!  It was so much fun!  If you want to do something that will help you appreciate all of God's wonderful creations, THIS IS IT!!!!!!!  I still can't stop thinking about how beautiful it was!
Picture I took while we were riding our bikes. :)



Riding on my rental bike along the coast of the Mediterranean!
After we returned our bikes, (this was about 5:30) we went and had our first ever falafals for dinner.  They're exactly like shawarmas, only instead of meat, they have chick pea meatballs.  They were really good, but I still like my shawarmas. :)

Eating my first Falafal.



Hilarious!  Well, I guess it's true though, there really is no way to be sure. :)
Friends resting after a long day. :)


Sunset: Tel Aviv style!
It was a beautiful day spent in Tel Aviv.  We ended the day by watching the sunset, which was equally as beautiful.  Sunday was a great day!  I <3 Tel Aviv!

No comments:

Post a Comment